Employment Opportunities at MarineLab
Coordinator - THE POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED THANK YOU!
Our beloved coordinator Liz Wood is retiring!
To process reservations, including payments, and to coordinate meals & housing for MarineLab programs; to act as administrative assistant to Senior Vice President and Directors. This position is a purely office-based job that requires keeping tasks on track while supporting the efforts of the department leaders and the day-to-day related activities as a whole. This position interacts with almost every other position in the organization. Highly customer service oriented.
Specific Key Responsibilities: Issue confirmations, invoice for deposits and balance payments, follow up on outstanding payments, process payments and refunds using our in-house software; collect and check liability waiver forms for students, identify medical or dietary special needs, and communicate same to appropriate staff; coordinate with cafeteria staff by providing meal schedules; coordinate with housekeeping staff by providing dorm assignments; prepare for each arriving group by making room signs, orientation clipboard; act as “front desk” person, including answering phone calls; process communications and distribute to appropriate staff; general office tasks such as making copies, answering inquiries either via phone or email, processing incoming and outgoing mail daily, and filing/organizing.
Specific Skills Required:
- This is a very busy department and requires someone with strong interpersonal skills who will be proactive in following through to ensure that all requests are handled in a timely manner.
- The ability to handle a high volume of details and challenging scheduling situations at once is imperative, including dealing with frequent interruptions.
- Detail oriented and flexible, with excellent time management skills. This position keeps a large and extremely busy department running smoothly.
- Must be able to handle changes on the fly.
- Strong organization and planning skills.
- Self-directed, able to multi-task and prioritize.
- Maintaining confidentiality is a must with the ability to communicate well with a multitude of personalities at many levels, from “helicopter parents” and teachers to coworkers at various levels
- Strong clerical and computer skills.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office
- Able to learn new software quickly
- Excellent phone personality/ customer service skills